Subject: [Leica] M or M+R?
From: Mike Johnston <70007.3477@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:07:16 -0500

 Gabe,
 I agree with Hans and Leon. Use the M as your main "normal" focal-length
carry-around camera but keep the SLR at home or in the trunk for special
situations--macro, tele, shift work (portrait work is just as easily done with
either IMHO). I is always a good adjunct to the M system. Get rid of all R
stuff, and the first thing you know you will be faced with one annoying special
job that absolutely requires an SLR. <g>
 (Personal aside: I used nothing but an M for a while but then needed an SLR
with a macro lens to do illustrations for magazine articles....erg!)

 --Mike