Subject: Re: [Leica] Black Tape
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:12:00 +0000

>>>>>>>>>Dave wrote:

Back in the late 1970s, one of the photo rag writers made a comment
to the effect that "pros use a black camera because it's less
conspicuous".  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think there are envoironments where the inconspicuousness is useful, eg.
these jazz (or other) concerts that Marc's asked about.
I went to a Miles Davis concert and sat on the second row (not the front)
for the same reason, I got some great shots. You don't want to be any more
obtrusive than you can be. I don't really think its an anti-thert device,
but I've seen pro photographers who've done this, eg. Mark Haworth Booth. He
used elecrtical insulation tape I believe, certainly the adhesive in that
wont cook to formn a hard crust which could be tricky to remove.

Jem