Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens defects not isolated to just me
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 16:54:11 -0700

For what it's worth, I dropped my 50/2.8 Elmar onto a San Francisco sidewalk
in January, warping some of the metalwork which allows the lens to be locked
into it's extended position. This, I FedEx'd to Leica in NJ, along with my
Passport warranty card. I promptly got a reply back, with a SIX WEEK
estimate on it. I was afraid that repairs involving not-commonly-damaged
parts would be delayed, and so it seems, they are.

While looking at a new Rodenstock LF lens today, I noted that this one
appeared to have a small black particle embedded in it's lens coating, so
presumably, minor imperfections are not super-rare. Having more time and
enthusiasm than anything else, I'm always happy to turn such things into an
opportunity to get even a slight discount--in this, I am an easy customer to
please :-)