Subject: Re: [Leica] Defective Lens
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 10:40:54 EST

<< Are these flaws inherent in the process, and do they have
 an effect? maybe Leica Q.A. knows something we don't consider- that these
 'flaws' have no effect on the photo. >>

To me the issue remains, even if there is no effect on the photo.  Lecia is
supposed to be reputed for excellence.  Their prices certainly justify the
expectation of excellence.  Significant cosmetic flaws or flaws in a lens
should be reason for rejection.  If other "lesser" manufacturers can do it,
Lieca should be expected to do it also.

Tom Shea