Subject: Re: [Leica] Jazz Photography
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 05:44:29

At 08:14 AM 2/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Marc,  I've done a fair amount of jazz and blues photos in B&W and color.
>T-Max p3200 is the film to use.  I'll be flamed for the next suggestion but
>it works for me and the newspaper I shoot for.  Shoot it at 6400 and
>develop it in Diafine.  It will be sharp, very acceptable grain with easily
>printable contrast.  Follow the Diafine directions...make sure agitation is
>GENTLE.  The only time I have trouble with this combination is when I don't
>believe my meter and overexpose the neg.  I agree with the gentleman who
>suggested shooting a rehersal.
>Bill Bresler----------

I just want to query this for a moment- rating T-Max 3200 at 6400 and
developing in Diafine- I haven't tried it. But in the instructions that
come with Diafine it says to rate it at 1250. This seems like quite a big
difference, so I just thought I'd ask you to double-check (although I
suppose it isn't something you'd forget that easily!). From what you say
above it would seem that rating it at 1250 would give over-exposure.

Joe Berenbaum