Subject: Re: [Leica] N90 Reliability
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 11:50:35 -0800

Stephen wrote:

> David Morton wrote:
>
> > (snip)
>
> > the F90 (fast AF, horribly unreliable).
>
>    I've used the 90 and 90s, never had any problems with them, neither
> have the photogs that I know.  what are your "horrible" experiences??

Stephen,
How about a body lost to condensation on hot day? Both an independent
repair station and Nikon NPS said body unrepairable, throw it away.  One
month old.  Upon disassembly, I could find no outward evidence of
problem, but discovered a body so cheaply made, and with absolutely no
NO sealing of body, it has no business being suggested for pro work
outside the studio.  It is no fluke that Chris Jons of Nat Geo travels
with six such bodies.

donal

- --
Donal Philby