Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens shades
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 17:40:05 -0500

At 01:56 PM 2/5/98 -0800, Steve Echols wrote:
>Can you tell me what the 12538 is for?

This is the clip-on lens hood for the next-to-latest version of the 2/50
Summicron -- same optical formula, but without the inbuilt lens hood, Leica
11819.

The hood is a cheap and junky affair which even I, who forgive Leica most
errors, found absolutely abyssmal.  What they were thinking of to market
this escapes me -- why, even Nikon or Canon would be embarrassed to sell
something so cheap!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!