Subject: [Leica] Re: [Rollei] Jazz Photography
From: David Seifert <dseifert@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 14:04:26 -0800

At 03:32 PM 2/5/98 -0500, Marc James Small wrote:
>I've been asked to do some publicity shots of local jazz musicians.
>Needless to say, I am afloat in equipment.  These guys (male and female, of
>course) play in dingey bistros, so lighting may be a problem.
>Black-and-white 8x10's are to be the final product, and no flash if avoidable.
>
>Any thoughts?  No, I'm not going to spring for a Noctilux for the job, but
>I do have a Summilux.  I also have a Hasselblad and a slew of Rollei gear.
>
>Marc

OK, I'll bite.  Take two cameras along, a Leica with the Summilux loaded
with TMax 400 CN and a Rollei, either the 2.8F or 2.8GX, I know you have
both, loaded with Tri-X pushed to 1600.  The Leica will provide very creamy
smooth images on the CN film and the Rollei will provide a kind of grainy
image very appropriate to the subject and environment.  I'll bet one of
these will be appreciated by the subject.

David