Subject: Re: [Leica] Above AF
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 20:58:46 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> Nikon lenses don't even have 1/2 stop detents.

That always struck me as odd - here I was in 1988 with a new
F3/T and a 1.4 Nikkor with no half stops; even my old f/2 Super
Takumar of 1971 had half stops.  It's especially odd considering
that the Nikon F2 had a continuous shutter speed range above
1/125, one would think an aperture ring could be made continuous
too (didn't the Argus C3 have that?).

Anyway, I think the era of small buttons and little dials is
thankfully coming to an end.  Knobs and rings rule!

- -Dave