Subject: RE: [Leica] What exactly is a Leitz Ic e
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:26:00 +0000

Dave,
Yes, the 1c is the much more common 35mm only version of the IIc you know.
If you can lay your hands on a copy of the Lustrum Press 'Darkroom' book,
then you'll find practically everyone in there uses a 1c, inc. Ralph Gibson
et al.
They're quality machines and capable of producing the fine prints any
photographer could wish for. The main difference (vis a vis the V35) lies in
the light type used, condensor illumination (contrasty) in the 1c and
diffused illumination (soft) in the V35.
If you want to do colour, go for the ease of use with the V35, similarly
with the dial in filter values for the multigrade (V35) head, but both of
these techniques are possible (with patience) on the 1c using filters.
Only you can decide whether the extra money is worth it.
Jem.