Subject: [Leica] Enlarger questions
From: DFeldman@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 00:37:07 EST

I have noticed a Leitz v35 color enlarger for sale in my local shop, and I am
considering purchasing it. I have some questions that I thought the LUG might
be able to answer:

1) Is it still possible to get these repaired?
2) Does the enlarger keep its alignment settings? Is it easy to align?
3) Anyone know where I can get a manual for this?
4) What would be a good price?
5) Can you use other lenses than the 40mm that comes with the unit?

My alternative, given that I dislike my Durst M600 (alignment problems,
wobbly, poor "feel") would be to get a new Saunders 670 with variable contrast
head. Since I already own a good lens (Apo Rodagon-N) would the Saunders be an
overall more reliable choice with comparable image quality?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

David Feldman