Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #137
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:18 +0000 (PST)

christian becker writes:

> Maybe, but if Leica doesn't come up with AF in the near future it's
> days are counted.

I'm not sure I agree. I rather suspect there's an economically viable
market niche for a well made manual focus system with outstanding lenses.

What I *am* sure of, is that an AF Leica which resembles the AX
(particularly in size) will be a marketing disaster.

While I'm on the subect of new developments, I've just spent some time
playing with the new Canon digital SLR - the DCS520 - I shan't clutter the
list with off topic stuff, but if anyone is interested, drop me a line.