Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: E.Welch vs C.Becker - Non Controversial Subject
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:46:00 +0800

What difference does it make who designed the body?  You buy into a
camera system for its lenses.  The camera body is merely a light proof
box.  Besides, if a Japanese camera company were to have anything to do
with the R8, my guess is that most of us would be SECRETLY relieved.
When was the last time any German company came up with an original all
German camera design?  Would anyone out there say Kyocera did a poor job
with Contax SLRs or the G2?  The G2 and the RTS III are proofs that this
German/Japanese alliance can be a good thing!