Subject: [Leica] Re: Why Japanese Love Leica ?
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 21:37:07 EST

 I posted this query on the new Japanese Leica Web Site hosted by
 Jun Nakajima  >http://www.magicalights.co.jp/cgi-bin/leicaboardE.cgi <
 For an interesting Japanese reply - please go to the above URL

 Marvin (Killer) Moss
<<
 Japanese Love of Leica

 Posted by Marvin Moss on Monday, 26 January 1998, at 5:18 p.m.

 I live in So. California, which has a very large Oriental population &
 most of them love cameras. At the monthly Camera Show that I
 usally attend, I see many Japanese Americans as well as Japanese
 born attendee's carrying cameras that are usually Leicas whereas
 the Occidental's are carrying Nikons & Canons as well.  I wonder
 how this love for the German camera has come about since the
 Nikons & Canons are also fine cameras.  Do the Japanese also
 like to drive German autos like Porsche & BMW ?

 I love my Honda which has become one of the most popular imports
 in the U.S. and I would really like to hear some real Japanese
 opinions about this affinity for Leicas in Japan.

 Sincerely,

 Marvin Moss