Subject: [Leica] Question: R8 and lenses without ROM
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 17:04:03 -0500

Katarina & Jorg wrote:

<<<<We have the opportunity to use an R8 to get some experiences with it.
Our lenses do not have the ROM.  What features will we miss and is there
anything we should consider when choosing programming mode or exposure
settings?>>>>>>>>

Hi Katarina & Jorg,

I understand the only thing you really miss out on are things pertaining to
the flash.

I use the R8 and the 70-180 all the time and I don't miss out on anything
due to it not being a ROM lens.

Basically just use the camera as though you were using it not knowing
anything about the ROM connection.  It will be fine.

ted