Subject: [Leica] Leica M2 viewfinder magnificationica-Users List Digest V2 #134
From: Andrew Morang <morang@cerc.wes.army.mil>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 11:09:23 -0600 (CST)

Dear fellow LUG readers,

The M2 does have the same magnification in the viewfinder as the M6.  Two
years
ago, I had Leica in New Jersey install the M6 viwefinder frames in an old
M2 that I bought used from a fellow in town.  The M2's finder had
deteriorated and was very dim, and also I wanted to be able to use a 135
mm lens without having to use the auxiliary viewfinder.  Leica told me
that the M4 finder (35-50-90-135) was no longeravailable and that I would
have to accept the newer M6 frames.  The results were great!  Bright
and clear, and I can focus the 135 lens without any obvious problem.  An
expensive update but worthwhile in my case.

Andy Morang
Vicksburg, MS