Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 1955 "Leica Schule"
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 01:05:37 -0800

> From: Dan Cardish
>
> At 02:03 PM 31-01-98 -0500, you wrote:
> >I went to the "Leica Schule" in 1955 and then arranged to have the
course
> >repeated at the US Army hospital in Frankfut/M. in 1956.  The Wetzlar
School
> >was a great experience.  ...  I would go back in a minute if the
opportunity arose.

> There's an expression which probably applies here: "You can't go home
again."

> Dan C.

My youngest son (20) just started work this week at the same hotel in the
Bavarian Alps where I worked when I was 18. For a proud papa, it feels
wonderfully close to "going home again" to Germany. He didn't take a Leica
with him, but I did give him my Yashica T with the very fine Zeiss Tessar
35mm lens.

My own pictures from way back then were taken with a little German made
"Dacora" rangefinder. The Kodachromes after 33 years are still bright and
sharp. Maybe I should combine Leica Schule with a visit to the alps!

Gary Todoroff