Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic (slightly)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 22:19:53 -0600

At 04:41 PM 1/31/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm not questioning that you and/or most/all of the "great" sports
>photographers use SLRs. That seem pretty obvious when watching professional
>sports. I'm merely suggesting that SLRs are not the best tool for everyone,
>especially if, as I assumed from the original post [perhaps an error on my
>part] one does not own SLR equipment.

That IS the bottom line, and in that you are right. But the fact remains
that when you have a tiny box in the center you must use to focus, there is
no comparison when compared to having the whole screen to focus with. I use
both kinds of cameras, and there's no competition. But you have your ideas,
and I have mine.

As for shooting kiddie sports, let's say he wants to make money selling
pictures of the kiddies to the folks. Wouldn't they want pictures of their
kids that look more like Sports Illustrated images, or like what mom can do
from the sidelines with a point and shoot?

On the other hand, context is good too. Whatever works, and whatever looks
good.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.