Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters ( with or without a proposal for a dual) again, very long.
From: "Jacques Grilli" <grilli.jacques@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 18:21:45 -0500

I was the one who asked, 1 week ago, if I should keep the UV filter on my
Summ. 35mm f1.4 ASPH. The response posted   are divided
about 1/3 recommend no filter-
1/3 recommend the use of a filter and
the other 1/3 are cleaning the lens with a different brand
of wiskey(mostly scotch) so they do not care.

Seriously, can someone propose a simple test,like shooting a scene with a=
nd
without the UV filter, under prescribe conditions so that we settle this
matter
once and for all. Lets wait for the results