Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Why stick Leica lenses on a Nikon? A LeiNi ?
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 15:20:02 -0500

     Erwin,

     I don't follow your reasoning.  You praise the "M and R8" for their
     "beautiful and very competently executed ergonomic design[s]" and also
     cite their "simplicity of handling and dedication to one style of
     photography...[as]...the other reason to buy Leica."  But in the end,
     you "bar the CL and M5" from their company.  Why?  Certainly both the
     CL and the M5 reflect greater "simplicity of handling and dedication
     to one style of photography" than does the R8.  And though the M5 is
     slightly larger than the M3/M2/M4/M6 cameras, it's not nearly as large
     and heavy as the R8 (and the CL, of course, is the smallest and most
     convenient of all).  And one feels that both the CL and the M5 embody
     "beautiful and very competently executed ergonomic design[s]" as
     well---in fact, the shutter speed dials on both the CL and the M5 show
     ergonomic designs superior to the other M cameras, by overhanging the
     camera's top and front edges, therefore being conveniently manipulable
     by one finger (a design now copied in the R8's shutter speed dial).

     I don't mean to argue with you, since you know a whole lot more about
     these cameras than I do.  I just don't understand your reasoning.

     Art Peterson