Subject: Re: [Leica] POP and Chrome Finishes
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 11:42:59 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

snip

> I would appreciate your citing a single "commentator" who feels the
> "the
> chrome finish on the M6 is not as good as the M6", whatever that
> tautologic
> statement is intended to mean.

well Marc, he can quote me in my  Leica M Used Buying Guide at

http://cameraquest.com/mguide.htm

the interesting thing about it though, is that I can not claim to have
realized the difference on my own.   the professional Japanese camera
buyers who frequent the West Coast pointed out the difference to me
years ago when I just started selling cameras.    Compared to the
earlier Leitz chrome finish of the M3/M2/M4,  most of the regard the
current M6 chrome finish as a rude joke, an imitation of the real thing
that Leica is passing off to buyers who don't know any better.

But don't take my word for it.  Corner them at a camera show and make
the statement that the M6 chrome finish is as good as the M4 and earlier
cameras.  They will have a difficult time containing their laughter.

No offense Marc, but it's true.

Stephen Gandy