Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #129
From: Paul vanPeenen <paddler@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 08:59:35 -0800

Tom Kachadurian wrote:

>When your tools are too dear to use, it's time to get different tools.

Indeed, that's exactly what they are for but there seems to be a rather
large contingent of leica owners out there who think the stuff is made to
sit in boxes on the shelf. Occassionally the cameras and lenses may be
taken out of their pristine, dust-free environment to be admired and shown
off or sold but then, quickly, before any thoughts of taking a picture with
it should arise, they are put back in their boxes where they don't belong.

I met with a collector recently to sell my M4P but since it has seen five
years of use it's no longer in mint condition and he was not interested. He
had a chrome M6 for sale that had never seen a roll of film. His price was
good but I was suddenly overcome with the urge to take his precious M6 and
bludgeon him with it. Now the price is a whole lot better.:)

As for the on-going, never-ending filter debate, here's my $0.02 (CAN, so
that's $0.0136 US):

Why put a $50 piece of glass in front of a $2,000 piece of glass. My lenses
are filthy but that's only according to people like the gentleman with the
leica emblem permanently imprinted on his skull (see above) ;)

Now, pass the Oban, I must clean my 28.

Pv

Paul vanPeenen and Liz van'terve
paddler@istar.ca