Subject: Re: [Leica] Why stick Leica lenses on a Nikon? A LeiNi ? Yuck!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 08:22:27 -0600

At 01:36 PM 1/29/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Eric old boy!  B&H is selling the F5 for $2,300.  They sell the R8 for $2,395
>and that's without a winder or drive, which the F5 already has.  Hey,
Leica is

Yeah, but you can't put Leica glass on it. And yes teh R8 might cost an
extra $560 with winder and it's only 1/4 the speed of the F5. Don't get me
wrong, as far as I'm concerned, the F5 is the best thing about the Nikon
system. With Leica, it's the glass.

>better, but please tell me Nikon ain't chopped liver (I just ordered an F5)!
>Furthermore, everyone knows that all Nikon 35mm lenses surpass the M 35/1.4
>and 2.0 ASHP's, right Erwin?  :)

Everyone knows the Puff the Magic Dragon lives by the sea...

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.