Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 0.85 Announcement
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 23:06:31 -0800

At 02:23 PM 1/29/98 -0500, Dan wrote:

>Am I the only one thinking that just maybe this camera will be a sales
>flop, resulting in outlandish auction sales 10 years from now?
>
>Dan C.

Probably. I have been using an M2 (my first and only M camera - I'm mainly
an R user) and find that with 35mm as the widest view through the
viewfinder, the 50mm lines are still OK. When I look through an M6, the
50mm frame is just too far down there, as is the 75 frame. Forget the 90 or
135.

The way I see it, is, Leica just produced an M2 with a meter, much better
a frame for the 75/1.4 . I ordered one immediately upon hearing about it.

I think there are hoards of photographers out there that love the M2, the
M6J was out of sight, so the M6/0.85 just might be one of their greatest
sellers. I believe it will be a runaway best seller.

Jim