Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and japan
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:23:47 -0600

At 02:39 PM 1/29/98 +0100, you wrote:

>The R8 is a good japanese camera with a nice german price...

Like a BMW is a good Japanese car? Hogwash.

The R8 is designed and built in Germany. So what if some parts come from
Portugal, Canada, Japan, or Light My Fart, Oklahoma!

It's designed and made by Leica Germany, and that's what makes it so good.
It's meter is amazing. I'd stack it up against the F5 over any other camera
I've ever used. It will still lose against the F5 (not by much), but so
will everything else.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Pi R Squared? No Pi R round, Cornbread R Square!