Subject: Re: [Leica] Any reccommendations for a place to have slides transferred to CD?
From: chris@chrismorrow.com (Christoper Morrow)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:09:34 -0500

At 12:04 AM -0800 on 1/28/98, Jim Brick wrote:

> At 10:43 PM 1/28/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hello there.  I'm trying to find a good, reasonable resource to have some
> >slides transferred to a photo-cd.  Has anyone had any experience with any
> >good ones?
> >
> >Let me know.
> >Thanks
> >Gabe
> >

> Here are two recommendations that I got a few months ago.
>
> <<<<"Send your images to ZZYZX in Hollywood for Photo CD scans and you'll
> have the comfort of knowing that they were not only the beta testers of
> Photo CD, but have the reputation of producing the best scans around -
> their client list is a who's who of photography.
>
> For the last 4 years I highly recommend on the East Coast Boston Photo a
> company owned by Bill Smith and his wife.
>
> Bill Smith's company is also a beta tester for Kodak and one the most honest
> groups around.
>
> Boston Photo supplied Mosby Publishing the company I worked for with most of
> it's scans.  They are not the cheapest Photo CD scans one can get, but they
> are the best I have worked with.">>>>

Jim et al:

I second the motion. Shared a studio at 99 Bedford St. early in my career
with Bill S. and his wife Carol before they went on to open Boston Photo.
I've had scans done by them also. Excellent work.

They have a web site at http://www.bostonphoto.com, I believe (web is not
allowing me to connect tonight, so I can't test this URL).

Chris Morrow

Christopher Morrow Photography		716.394.8810 phone
P.O. Box 729				716.394.4953 fax
Canandaigua, NY  14424-0729
http://www.chrismorrow.com