Subject: [Leica] R8 and japan
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@mra-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:42:40 -0600

>It absolutely clear that all the electronics that are stuck in the R8 ar=
>conceived and realized in Japan (or taiwan or Malaysia...).

Is it so ?

Lucien
BELGIUM

In Jonathan Eastland's book on the R8 he does state that the chips in the
R8 are made and provided by, if I remember correctly, Matsushita. (I'm at
work and the book is at home. I'll check it tonight and post a correction
tomorrow if I'm wrong.)

Even so, the chips, while important, are not "all the electronics."

Larry