Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica from my Grandfather
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:07:01 +0100

LUG,
I am sorry for the previous post: wanted to delete parts of original message
and sent it instead.

Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> writes:

Marc,

thank you for the quick answer!

<snip>

    >> 3.5/50 Elmar, no viewfinder. So it is probably a Standard.

Just to make things clear:
Of course it has a viewfinder, but no rangefinder.

     > I did not realize that Leica would repair an LTM camera.  I had thought
     > that Leitz ceased this in 1980.

     > Marc

They repair as much as possible. With M-cameras they guarantee to repair
them. In my case they replace the curtains as well as some minor parts.
They will adjust the timings and clean it from fungus. Yes it has fungus, my
dad should have used it more.

They do some mechanical repairs on the lens but cannot do anything on the
optics.

BTW: The curtains are still OK. Leica just recommends to replace them.

The price including these recommendations is approximately $500.

christoph