Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery life (and price) for R8 motor-winder
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:54:01 -0500

Clifton wrote:

<<<I am with you, wait and see.  Leica has refused to tell me how long the
lithium in the camera last.  So now I lug around two extra sets.>>>>>

Clifton,

I've changed one set of batteries in my R8 since December 1996 and that was
in late December 1997. So I used them for 1 year before they just "died!"
They don't die a slow and lingering death!  One minute the camera is fine
and the next, "bam in your face dead!  It sits there and wont go anywhere!
I cranked a fair number of rolls during the year.

And yes I do carry spares as the in camera batteries always crap out on you
when your on the dark side of the moon and the nearest battery shop is back
on earth! :)

ted

ted