Subject: Re: [Leica] My final statement on filters
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:42:50 -0500

At 09:40 AM 1/27/98 -0500, Don Cardish, man of import, wrote:
>This will be short.  If you sleep better at night knowing that your lenses
>are protected by UV filters, GO AHEAD AND USE THEM!  Your photographs will
>not suffer for it.

Well, you can always do as I do:  keep a filter on the lens until you
shoot, and then take it off unless you need it.

With chromes, colour-correction filters may be necessary.  With b&w film, a
mild yellow may be necessary if there is a fair amount of foliage, and a
mild red may be necessary if there is a haze in the air.  Otherwise, they
really aren't necessary.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!