Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] supposed to be a Leica M group
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:18:42 -0500

     Don't get me wrong: I like Leicas, even own one!  But below is another
     example of the kind of writing I continue to fail to understand.

     Sure, the Noctilux is a great lens (I only wish I could afford one),
     and it can yield impressive results in situations like that described.
     But just as surely, it is not unique.  Canon also makes an f/1.0 lens,
     I believe, and many other camera manufacturers include among their
     products f/1.2 lenses, which are barely more than a half-stop slower
     than the Noctilux and so would hardly require "a zillion mega candles
     of light from strobes" in order to "shoot KR in these situations."  So
     what's this really all about?

     Art Peterson