Subject: Re: [Leica] What the "other guys" are saying about Leicas
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 07:54:43 -0600

At 03:26 PM 1/27/98 +1000, you wrote:

>Well I would say 3D Macro work is probably not the best place to see the
>differences in a good lens vs a bad lens.  If you don't stop down, most of

Lots of bokeh to look at! :-)

>I'm not criticising the lens, but it is kind of frustrating to know that
>your lens resolution etc is on a downhill slide from F11+ but be forced to
>use it to get the required depth of field.

I think at 100mm (or actually closer to 90mm when it's focused to it's
closest distance, f/11 isn't that bad. And with more correction, F/11 with
that lens will be better than f/11 with a lesser lens.

Besides, this is a lens that cries out to be used at more than just near
range. The overall performance of that lens justifies its use right up to 2.8.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...