Subject: [Leica] Finest equipment technically achievable, Was:supposed to be a Leica M group
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 06:54:00 -0500

Bennett wrote:

>With my equipment, I know that if my photograph is not the best, it is n=
ot
the
>fault of the equipment.  It is my responsibility to achieve that ideal
goal.
>With Leica equipment, I know that I have the finest equipment technicall=
>achievable. =

I know,
sinds I buyed my first Leica, I stopped those silly swap =

between Minolta >< Contax >< Nikon.

Now I only buy more and more Leica M & R...(and bags...)

;-)

And I have also to face my own imperfections.

:-(

This sayed, coming from a reflex camera (or any other 6X6 etc..), it is n=
ot
so easy
to acheive good results with a rangefinder camera like the M6.
Now I think that I made a mistake when always taking a Reflex together wi=
th
my M.
Using it alone is the only way to make progress.
(with only one lens at the time, if possible, or if I have the courage ..=
)
I really needed to  practice a lot in order to be just "satisfied" of my
results,
(specially when so many excellent photographers are using it)
The M is really much more demanding than the R in that respect.
(There are always a lot of brand new M6's in the classified of "Chasseur
d'Images"!)
I have to confess that in the begining I was more in love with the camera=

itself than
with the results! ... Ah, who will poetize the "click wzzz" of a M3 at
1/15s  ;-)
It take me years to really know what I can expect from it.
But when it start, what a pleasure.

I'm always really cautious when somebody ask me advice about buying a M.
(I should be anyway)

Lucien
BELGIUM