Subject: Re: [Leica] What the "other guys" are saying about Leicas
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 21:09:48 -0600

At 12:47 PM 1/26/98 -0500, you wrote:

>net if they had been taken with an old Argus C3. You would have to break out
>the ol' Peak loupe to really appreciate the majority of the Leica
>advantages.

That assumes the advantage of Leica lenses is all on tiny differences in
sharpness. That is not the case. The overall character (correction) of
Leica lenses is there and can be seen on the net with properly toned
images. It's as plain on the nose on your face if you know what to look
for. Many people look and just see a beautiful image and can't describe it.
Others just don't see it.

Sharpness isn't the main character I see in Leica images that makes me
prefer those lenses. It's the overall look of the images. Sharpness yes,
they are usually great and sharp right to wide open. But it's lots more
than that.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch