Subject: Re: [Leica] Multiple Exposures w/ M6 & M3
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:37:01 -0800

Ted,

Hey, I like that. All those old, bad shots that I trashed - I should have
saved and sold as "art". Maybe I got out of the business too soon!
BTW ............... don't get too far from that Scotch ........... we are
all going to need it soon.

To keep this on subject (kinda, maybe) and in reverence to the above and
below, I would urge all readers of this post to find a copy of the latest
Photo Techniques magazine. (February 1998)  Check out David Vestal's column
"The High Art of Transcendentalizing". I have been a fan of his through a
number of magazines and he is a Leica shooter of many years. (There, how is
that for going back on topic)? Vestal has been editing a manuscript written
by the late Ralph Steiner and this column is but one chapter of what I hope
will become a published book.

Years ago I took a workshop from Minor White. I went away from that
experience shaking my head and having absolutely no idea what the man was
telling me.  For years I have thought that I was just too young to
understand the "master" and that I would grow with time. I never did grow
to understand Minor but I was vindicated somewhat when I read a quote in
this column from Paul Caponigro, another accomplished man with a camera and
a friend of Minor's. "Head for the nebulae, Minor, they can't corner you
there." Somehow, I think Ralph Steiner would approve of "Artsy-Fartsy". It
puts it all in the right perspective.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA