Subject: Re: [Leica] Disneyland Leicas, counterfeited money
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 20:28:39 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:

> At 11:10 AM 1/24/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >Jim,
> >Did you get the details?  I think maybe you've uncovered a way to get an
> >R8.
> >
> >donal
>
> Unfortunately, they didn't give any details. But they did show the money,
> and on TV, it looked really good. We're too old to be able to "hack"
> technology around to produce cool stuff. Even if it were legal! Those young
> minds are uncluttered. No obligations. No commitments. Just a free mind and
> spirit. Just have to make sure they are aimed in the right direction.
>
> Jim

Same uncluttered mentality that lets them think that anything they can
get off the web or anywhere else is free to use.

Had an art director not long ago explain to me that once an image was
published in a magazine, the photographer had been paid and thus the
image could then be used by anyone.  It was what he had learned in art
school.

And then they get huffy when I ask them to sign a Job Confirmation form
that sets out rights and useage.

donal
- ---
Donal Philby