Subject: Re: [Leica] Multiple Exposures w/ M6 & M3
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 15:00:24 -0500

 George Huczek wrote:

<<<I have 100 ISO film, right? I set my meter at 400.
The camera now thinks my film is 4 times faster than it actually is.
(i.e., I might shoot at something like 1/125 @ f/8 instead of 1/125 @ f/4)
Each exposure on the frame then gets a 2-stop underexposure. So don't I
need to make 4 exposures on the frame instead of 8? Then at ISO 800, I'd do
8 exposures instead of 16.  What is the purpose of doubling the number of
exposures? Is there some cumulative reciprocity effect happening here?>>>>

Hi Gearge,
I haven't got a clue about the technical aspects as you describe. I just
know that if I take a roll of  100 film and put it in the camera, M or R,
preferably the R8 as you can lock the film transport and I set the Meter
for 1600 I can make 32 images one on top of the other all over the frame in
various points and it works.

We did a bunch last summer for a special effects presentation and did the
same thing with 400, 800 and just doubled the number of exposures for the
asa. Please don't bring the technical part in of why or how. I just look at
it like a computer, if I set certain things this happens.  I'm afraid I
don't want to knw how or why, just as long as it works if I follow the
settings.. :)

Try it and see how it works. :)

ted