Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 mm M lens comparisons (long)
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 10:39:21 EST

<< So, although more sharp, the current Summicron has lost parts of its
 abilities. >>

Yes, but the question is whether one wants these abilities that have been
lost.  To me these abilities are the abilities to produce low contrast, fuzzy
photos with lots of abberations murking about.  I usually don't want these,
but sometimes they are quite splendid.

The point, however, is that if Leica could have produced well corrected, high
resolution, high contrast lenses in the past, they would have.  The softness
of the old lenses was not intended - they just could not do any better
technically.

Tom Shea