Subject: Re: [Leica] supposed to be a Leica M group
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:06:01 -0800

Ernest Nitka wrote:
- -----Original Message-----
From: Ernest Nitka <eenitka@axess.net>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us =
<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Saturday, January 24, 1998 7:44 PM

|Tom the title is LUG - Leica Users Group which means Ms and Rs
|ernie
|
|> There has been a lot of Leica SLR and other talk here lately. I =
thought
|> this was supposed to be a Leica M group.
|>=20
|> Tom

Well, this appears to be incorrect.  From the "welcome" message which =
states:

"This list is intended to be used by people who take photographs with =
Leica
and other rangefinder cameras. =20
"Most of the members of the list are owners or want-to-be owners of =
Leica
cameras. While it is impossible to draw a firm boundary between camera =
users
and camera collectors, this list is not intended to be a forum for =
camera
collectors.
"It is acceptable for individuals occasionally to post advertisements to =
sell
cameras, and very much acceptable for individuals to post requests to =
buy
cameras. Any user who is obviously conducting a business in the sale of
cameras will be removed from the list.
"While all of us recognize that fine rangefinder cameras have been and =
are
made by other companies than Leica, and many of us own Canon, Nikon, or
Contax rangefinders, the name Leica has stood for excellence in =
rangefinder
cameras for more than half a century.
"Yes we know that Leica makes SLR's. They are excellent cameras and you =
will
find some people on this list who own them and talk about them. However, =
the
majority of the traffic and the interest is in rangefinder cameras."

Are you redefining the purpose of this mail list?  I am interested in =
the Leica R's, but certainly not enough to subscribe to a newsgroup =
dedicated to a  reflex camera group.

While I find the discussion of R's interesting, they have little meaning =
in my photographic life.  Not to say anything against the Leica Rs, but =
I am looking more for a systems approach.

Regards,  Bill Larsen
mailto:ohlen@lightspeed.net