Subject: Re: [Leica] Chance from R to Nikon?
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:06:32 EST

<<
 And if you DO switch to non-Leica AF, go with Canon. The lenses are much
 better. I switched form Canon to Nikon because of the F5, but then I
 learned about Nikon's strategy with their new ultrasonic lenses which I had
 figured would spread throughout the line. Forget it, it's never going to
 happen. Nikon is second class and Canon has no intention of giving up its
 technological superiority to them ever again. I made a mistake for a great
 camera, and a mediocre company. >>

I am not personally familiar with Nikon, but I can confirm that the Canon EOS
system is excellent.  They have some very fine lenses and the system works
quite well.  (They also have lesser quality consumer grade lenses).  Canon
does seem to be continuting to press ahead with their research and
development.

Tom Shea