Subject: Re: [Leica] speed of leica lenses & shutter speed
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:34:28 -0800

My first and only tripod, a heavy OLD Bogen, finally gave out yesterday!
That gave me an undisputable reason to buy the Gitzo Mountaineer 1228
without getting into a fight with my wife!  :-)

We both had been eyeing this lightweight beauty on the rack in the shop for
many
months.  I think I'll be carrying a tripod a LOT more now.....

Francesco

At 08:21 PM 1/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>At 04:48 PM 1/22/98 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>The R8 does have that nice mirror lock-up feature though, but I have never
>>tried
>>it handheld yet......does anyone use it that way?
>
>Francesco,
>
>Yes, I use it that way some. Mostly with my 19mm lens. And I'm not
>surprised that the shutter speed you need for sharp pictures his where you
>say. Subject movement and camera movement make it hard to hand hold such a
>combination. I'd rather have an R8 and the 80mm 1.4 than a lighter body.
>The weight helps steady. But tripod mounting makes a big difference in this
>range. I think the R8 has the best mirror up setup I've used.
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>There's no such thing as nonexistence.