Subject: [Leica] M viewfinder considerations
From: milos@bohem-net.cz (Milos Kocman)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:22:25 +0100

Greetings - this is only to add to the discussion about M viewfinders.

In my view, the existing M6 (M4-P) viewfinder's 35mm frame is just about
right, I really don't see much more around it with my naked eye.
Followingly, I find that with the 28mm lens, overlooking the whole image
are is quite difficult, precise framing becoming quite a task.
At least myself, I have to tweak my eye around. It doesn't feel right. So I
feel that the current - 0.72 - viewfinder is in fact optimal for the 35mm
lens. Isn't the new -0.85- viewfinder just going to make overviewing the
whole frame more difficult (with the benefit of more magnification, of
course). Has anyone on the list had this camera in his or her hand yet?

My vision is fine, knock, knock, I don't wear glasses and a friend of mine
shares my opinion about the above. How do the rest of you feel about it?

Best -- Milos Kocman