Subject: Re: [Leica] deception -- None
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:26:57 -0800

The Barkers wrote:
<snip>
>    By the way, a few years ago we ran some cold weather testing here of,
> among other things, the R6. (All mechanical)  I was appalled at the long
> delay it had and ruled it out as a choice for spontaneous work.   Jim
>
> James H. Barker (Jim) - jbarker@polarnet.com
> High Latitude Documentary / Ethnographic Photography
> Fairbanks, Alaska

Jim, I suppose I should be able to figure it out from your in
involvement in Ethnographic Photography but what spontaneous work do you
use your non SLR's for and what non-spontaneous work do you use your
SLR's for?

I am still trying to decide if I want to buy a new M6 or a new SLR.

I do want the camera to work when it is cold out.  But probably not as
cold as Alaska.  And I do not want automatic anythings.  And I do like
small and quiet and minimum vibration and…  And there is no way I am
going to carry big lens in my pack as I ski and snow shoe and bicycle
and in my kayak trying to keep the gear dry.

I like the M6 and think I am about to order a new .85 from Eli at Wall
Street.  Unless you or someone else can change my mind.

I enjoyed my Retina's for 40 years but even though they are headed back
home after being fixed I do not expect them to last very long before
breaking again.     Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $