Subject: Re: [Leica] Multiple Exposures w/ M6 & M3
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:49:35 -0500

Emanuel wrote:

<<<This is how you do multiple exposures with M-cameras. It is easier to do
than it is to explain..>>>>>

Given that Emanuel has explained the mechanics of how to do it, hre is a
quick exposure how mant frames to make it all come together.

Using an ISO 100 film set your meter for example 400. You then make 8
exposures one right after the other on the same frame. Then advance to the
next frame and repeat say for 800, this equates to 16 exposures on the same
frame.

Each time you change the ISO rating for multiple exposures just double the
ISO rating to get the number of exposures required for the correct
exposure.

IE:

200 =  4 exp
400 =  8 exp
800 = 16
1600 = 32 exposures. (this one is really wild!) :)

When you take the roll into the lab it is processed ____"NORMALLY"____!!!!

You can tell them the images are all multiple exposures just so they don't
loose it when they look at all this beautiful "wierd" looking stuff.

But don't let anyone tell you to change the processing time from normal!!!

If you do, you'll blow the whole thing.

Trust me this works, as we shot 40 rolls of film last summer doing just
this method and got some very wierd and wonderful artsy fartsy lookng
things.  By the way there is a high throw away rate, simply because they
don't all work in the compositional factor.

ted