Subject: Re: [Leica] 100/2.8-R macro
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 20:42:20 -0800

At 10:18 AM 1/22/98 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi Luggers,
>
>I know and have heard that the above lens is a "miracle" lens, one of a
>kind and the best of its kind. I have two questions on the above lens.
>
>a.) how is this lens at infinity?
>
>b.) when used with the 2x-R, how is the image quality at infinity and at
>macro distances?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Ferdinand

I have and use a 100mm APO. I is absolutely sharp at long distances. I use
it a lot for landscapes. However, even though it works OK with the 2x
extender, the resulting performance can only be classed as acceptable.
Nothing spectacular. I do not use it with my 2x APO extender. I use my 180
instead.

Jim