Subject: [Leica] 100/2.8-R macro
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:12:10 -0500

Ferdinand wrote:

<<<I know and have heard that the above lens is a "miracle" lens, one of a
kind and the best of its kind. I have two questions on the above lens.

<<a.) how is this lens at infinity?

b.) when used with the 2x-R, how is the image quality at infinity and at
macro distances?>>>

Ferdinand,

I have to ask you a really dumb question. :)

1/ If you heard and understand that this 100 2.8 macro lens is a "miracle
and one of a kind lens"  Why would you ask "how it is at infinity?"

Apart from this lens being one of the flagship lenses of the whole Leica
lens making establishment, I can only say it is awesome wherever you focus!

From as ar as you can see to as close as you can get.

And with the 2X it is still incredible with or without the Apo 2X or the
old one.

I trust this is helpful and you buy one, as I use mine for all kinds of
picture taking from scenics to macros of bugs, to people, you name it.

ted