Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] deception -- None
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:21:16 -0500

Bob R. wrote:

<<<But all we're really talking about is how best to get there.>>>>>

Hi Bob,

Then that becomes a very personal thing and to each his own. In many cases
never the twain shall meet comparing one photographer's technique to
another.

I work occaisionly using 3 M's and 3 R cameras all at the same time
because I hate changing lenses or things are moving quickly and I hate
missing what I'm re-acting to. Is difficult for some folks to comprehend
when they work with 1 M and do their thing.

Worst thing that can happen in this situation is find you haven't paid
attention and run out of film in all six at the same time! :) Now there's a
scene to behold, as this wild photographer is unloading and re-loading like
a banshee out of control! :)

But then the next assignment/project I may only be working with an M and a
Noctilux. However it never occured to me that there was much mental
calculations in which camera I used during the heat of the shoot, simply
because my intensity of concentration is focused on what is happening in
front of me.

The camera is there and without thought; is raised, used and done with
unless required in the next split second. But there isn't thought of being
right in your face and the depth of field mentally calculated etc etc as
I've seen described. I suppose those things of detail are good for some,
but I see it as wasted thought process in capturing the split seconds of
time before of me.

But then 45 years of experience allows ones re-actions and reflexes to
operate in quite a different manner than someone of lesser years, without
requiring calculating of every little detail. But then that still comes
down to a "personal approach" of taking ones pictures.

And I admit at times I jump too quickly in my comments, as it seems to me
folks make this wonderful picture taking we all enjoy very much, so
complicated and confusing with calculated thought process. Simply when I
only see, "click!" And move on. :)

But then each photographer has his/her "style? way? handling? thought
process?" and the bottom line for all; To get the picture, as that is still
what counts in the end. And how we achieve that comes right back to "the
Personal touch!"  Good for one shooter, not good for another!:)

ted