Subject: Re[4]: [Leica] deception -- None
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:43:43 -0600

At 03:34 PM 1/20/98 -0500, you wrote:

>     You mention that an SLR "goes thru a complex series of time-consuming
>     coordinated mechanical functions before the shutter fires," but surely
>     that difference from an M camera is merely a matter of milliseconds;
>     otherwise Nikon photographers would have a reputation for missing the
>     precise moment of action (which, as far as I know, they do not).

Actually the difference is quite significant. The Leica M6 is much faster
than any camera on the market, and belive it or not, Pop Photo did a test
on just such a subject, and the Leica was more predictable and faster in
response and took the picture closer to the right moment. By a matter of
100 MS or more. That's 1/10 of a second, not thousandths.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is the probability that something will happen according to the odds?