Subject: [Leica] Re: deception
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:43:04 CST

Ted,

 >I mean after all the R8 is made to last a life time! :) Well it will
>mine
>but then at 69 that sort of shortens up the "life time!" eh? :)

You've noticed that, eh?  Since I beat the odds by having my heart attack
two and a half years ago in the ICU (and they told my wife afterwards it
I had had it anyplace else they wouldn't have been able to get to me in
time!) - I guess I'm happy if I live long enough to take one out of the
box!!

Actually I had very little heart damage and have no physical
restrictions, so I should have some 15 -20 years left from that - but you
are right it makes you stop and think!
One reason I have lightened my camera bag.  Lets see, 10-15 years, hmmmm
- - my new M6 won't hardly be broken in by then, and none of my kids know
how to use it - and worse, they don't care!

Dick Hemingway