Subject: Re: [Leica] 2x "R" Extender at Camera Show.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 08:01:24 -0600

At 12:53 AM 1/20/98 -0500, you wrote:

>as one can do with the f2 and f2.8 lenses. To me and perhaps to many others
>this could be a very practical combination. Can we persuade Leitz to produce
>a 1.4x converter compatible with the 180mm f3.4 Apotelyt?

There's no way Leica would do that. First of all, physically all 1.4
converters I've seen stick out in the front too much and the Apo Telty has
a lens element set very far back. Maybe it could be done, but for one lens?
Not likely.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Mi.caw.ber n [Wilkins Micawber, character in the novel David Copperfield
(1849-50) by Charles Dickens : 1852] : one who is poor but lives in
optimistic expectation of better fortune